When: On September 5, 2017 ASA officially opened its doors.
Students may enroll for the August/September start dates. All other requests for irregular enrollment dates will be considered on an individual basis.
What: An Angolan Ministry of Education licensed school.
- An accredited educational institution offering a US high tech driven education, grades 6 – 12.
- A US high school diploma is earned upon meeting graduation requirements.
- ASA to include grades K – 5 in August/September 2019.
- ASA offers boarding for high school students (grade 9 -12) at the Luanda and Catumbela school sites starting in August/September 2019.
The school philosophy is student centered.
- Students should be given opportunities to practice real life skills in a supportive nurturing environment.
- Students should be offered thinking opportunities to connect learning to their own experiences to develop real world connections.
- Students must be tech savvy to thrive in our 21st century global society
Where: School site locations in Luanda and Catumbela.
Why: The mission of the American Schools of Angola is to develop and nurture proud well-adjusted lifelong learners; who are prepared to meet their challenges and responsibilities and become successful culturally sensitive global citizens and leaders in the 21st century, striving for a better world for all.